Tuesday 5 June 2012

Bathroom Floor Options

It's been a little while since I made any progress on my bathroom planning so I figured it was time to get that ball rolling again. One of the main decisions I still need to make is whether to leave the existing floorboards and paint them with a more robust, water resistant floor paint, or install these cute hexagon tiles in matt white with grey grout.

I like the hexagon tiles for their traditional look and for their durability over a wood floor in a wet area, but have been warned about laying tiles down in old buildings with bouncy, uneven floors, as cracks in the grout can appear over time. I imagine if I took up the existing boards and installed a thick enough plywood sub-layer it would be ok... but then there is of course the threshold issue. Tiles and a subfloor will be thicker than the existing floorboards so there might be a small step on which Id likely stub my toe regularly!

All in all, I guess Im still thinking about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment