Wednesday 18 January 2012

Tub Fillers

Ive started thinking a little bit about my bathroom in bite sized chunks as there is a lot to consider. The first challenge to overcome in converting the tub only room to a shower room, will be choosing the new shower system and taps. Im quite keen to keep the existing bath tub, but need a new tub filler. The existing one is deck mounted so there will be two tap holes in my cast iron tub when it is removed, which means I will need to stick with the same configuration rather than having it wall mounted.

The manufacturer of the mini basin mixer I ended up using in the toilet room also does a matching shower range and I am considering sticking with the same model - the KAI range from Crosswater.

Three options for tub fillers are above - one pillar tap each for hot and cold water, a tap where the water is mixed in a spout, or two taps with the spout being out of the wall. Aesthetically I like the pillar taps. Functionally I like the combined tap... I think I'll see where the rest of the system takes me before making a final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment