Wednesday 10 July 2013

iPad Wall Mounting

Now that I have an iPad living with me I have come to the conclusion that it would be nice to have the option to mount it on a kitchen wall somewhere. This way I could listen to music, watch catch up television, or read recipes from it hands free without it getting splattered with spaghetti sauce.

A quick online search revealed a myriad of options including table stands to prop it vertically with plastic covers,  a suspension device which hangs the iPad from the bottom shelf of an upper cabinets, and a shelf which affixes to your fridge door and holds the iPad in place with magnets.

None of these quite fit my brief as I have a built in fridge, and was keen to get the iPad off of the counter. I also wanted the fixing device to be attractive and simple so when the iPad is removed, it still looks neat on the wall and not as though anything is missing.


The best of what I found so far are below:

This Ringo holder by Vogel looks the most sleek and minimal, leaving a simple black 'button' when the iPad is removed, and retails for about £40:


Next up is this under counter mounted job from a company called InKitchenBite which swivels and comes with a built in speaker so is on the expensive side at £120:


Lastly, for a cheap and cheerful way to go,  which isn't permanent, these 3M plastic hooks seem also to work a treat as the iPad is so light.



No comments:

Post a Comment