Saturday 31 March 2012

Shower Curtain Rails

Decision 1 - Shower Curtains vs Glass Screens

There are a number of problems to overcome in the bathroom, one being how to stop the whole room getting wet if I install a shower. Although glass shower enclosures look contemporary and slick, but they quickly get covered in water spots - especially in London where the water is so hard - and I dont fancy having to clean it regularly. Plus, if I installed a glass screen, it would make the sink area feel even more cramped than it is already (see post from 19.02.2012 under the tab for 'bathrooms' as a reminder).

So, having decided to go down the shower curtain route I had to find a decent looking corner shower curtain rail given that the bath doesnt span between two walls. I really want to avoid having a corner support that went up to the ceiling(see top image), and my friend Julie, who had the same problem in her bathroom, pointed me in the direction of the only one on the market up to the job. Its made by Croydex in stainless steel, and is available from screwfix. There is an elbow at the corner which each rod slots into and which enables you to customise the length and width to your tub.

Sorted. Problem 1 solved... and product added to order list for later in the year.

(See photo from February 23rd)

No comments:

Post a Comment