Saturday 10 March 2012

A sloppy third day of Installation

Argh. Im feeling really frustrated with the poor quality of work on the final day of the installation. I was pleased with the hallway so felt confident the rest would be good, but I think the carpenter just got bored or lazy!

For example, there is a big gap at the end of one board (top photo). I cant get him to replace the board with a longer one as I dont have any more, so will have to fill the gap with 2-part filler I guess.

Additionally, he didnt bother to take out the boards fully in one corner - leaving a sliver old of board which I find looks really sloppy (second photo). I guess when they are all painted white it will be less noticeable....

In addition to poor quality, however - he also left the flat in a total mess; dirty finger prints all over the walls and doors (I'll need to repaint), dust everywhere (he didnt even hoover the floor), and a huge pile of rubbish and boards to dispose of. Grrr.

Looks like I have a busy day of cleaning, chopping down old boards, and filling ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment