Saturday 19 January 2013

Towel Rails

Having pretty much decided on these Smedbo AIR range towel rails above (from the same range I have in the WC), I was disappointed to find that they only came in 600mm lengths, and therefore will not quite fit in the 500mm of wall space I have available.

After much internet searching I finally found a pretty good second choice. They are called 'Concept' and are made by Ideal Standard and have no visible wall fixings, no bulky roses and are pretty similar in design to my original preference. They come in 300mm, 450mm & 600mm lengths. My only complaint is that they have an 18mm diameter rail, which is chunkier than the slender 14mm diameter rail in the Smedbo range, but as they will mostly be concealed by a towel for 90% of the time, I guess this will be ok.

Along the way I also found these from Roper Rhodes bathrooms which are quite nice:

And these from SDS Ironmongery bathrooms which have a nice rail fixing detail, although I dont like the rectangular roses at the wall:

No comments:

Post a Comment